On September 14, young Kazakhstani stars will also walk the red carpet of the II International Film Festival ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL–2019. Everyone is welcome to support the idols!
In Chaplin Cinemas Mega Almaty, you can watch wonderful family films for free. On the initiative of the Almaty Government, together with the Walt Disney Company CIS and in partnership with the European Children’s Films Association (ECFA), Astana Film Fund will present the family films section at the ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL–2019.
For many years, the Walt Disney Company CIS has been cooperating with Kazakhstan on dubbing Disney films in the Kazakh language.
“The Walt Disney Company CIS has been cooperating with Almaty Film Festival for the second year. It is our great honor to open the Family films programme: last year, together with director Rob Minkoff, we presented the classic Disney animation “The Lion King”, and this year we will show the new Disney feature film “Aladdin” and the remake of “The Lion King», which was filmed with the latest technology. Thanks to our partners, the Meloman Company and the Bolashak Foundation, Disney films have been released in the Kazakh language for many years, and our characters have become close to thousands of Kazakhstani families. I am very pleased to work with the festival, and I would like to thank the organizers and the Mayor’s Office of Almaty for their support, professionalism, positive emotions and hospitality! ” says Igor Makarov, Vice-president of the Walt Disney Company CIS.
The program includes feature films and animated films, winners and nominees of the European Children’s Films Association of recent years. Most of them have never been released in Kazakhstan and the screening at the film festival will be premiere. All family films will be nominated for the Audience Choice Award. Guests of the film festival can come with children of different ages.
“We are very pleased that the ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL–2019 program has a section for children and family films. Moreover, the family program was made in cooperation with the European Children’s Films Association (ECFA), which ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL joined this year as the only member from Central Asia. This is a great achievement. We are also very pleased to work with the Walt Disney Company CIS, which has been supporting the festival for the second year. In general, I believe that ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL has every chance of becoming the largest and most significant film festival in Central Asia. On behalf of the organizers of ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL, I invite all children and parents to watch films of the family programme, all screenings within the film festival are free of charge,” says Elena Larionova, the Programme Director of ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL.
Here we present the program of the children’s and family films section:
- “Supa Modo” (Kenya-Germany). Directed by Likarion Wainaina. Central Asian Premiere (12+)
- “Immenhof – The Adventure of a Summer” (Germany). Directed by Sharon von Withersheim. Asian Premiere (12+)
- Chuskit (India), directed by Priya Ramasubban. Central Asian Premiere (12+)
- “Dino King: Journey to Fire Mountain” (South Korea). Directed by Han Sang-Ho. Asian Premiere (6+)
- “Foodiverse” (China). Directed by Cheng Liaoyu. Asian Premiere (6+)
- “Up in the Sky” (Sweden). Directed by Petter Lennstrand. Asian Premiere (6+)
- “Birds of Passage” (France, Belgium). Directed by Olivier Ringer. (12+)
- “Meerkats Moonship” (South Africa). Directed by Hanneke Schutte. Central Asian Premiere (12+)
- “Foundling” (Russia). Directed by Sergey Vasiliev. Central Asian Premiere (6+)
- “My Life As A Zucchini” (France, Switzerland). Directed by Claude Barras.(14+)
- “The Lion King”, 2019 (USA). Directed by Jon Favreau. (6+)
- “Aladdin”, 2019 (USA). Directed by Guy Ritchie. (6+)
The opening ceremony of the red carpet for children will be held on September 14, at 10:00, in the cinema Chaplin Mega Almaty, at the address: 263, Rozybakiyev St.
ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL is an international film festival first organized by Astana Film Fund in 2018, as part of the City Day celebration, on the initiative of the Almaty Government. The slogan of ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL–2019 is “Rapprochement of cultures”.
The festival aims to develop the Kazakh film industry, increase the public interest in cinematography and strengthen international cooperation.
The festival also aims to present the cultural capital of the country, the city of Almaty as a major tourist center of Central Asia. The festival’s organizers and participants introduce the strengths and new features of the Kazakh film production industry to the world cinema community.
Within 7 days (from September 14 to 20), 80 screenings and events will take place at the three main venues:
– The Almaty Film District Business Forum where master classes by major masters of the film industry, press conferences, round tables and the Made in Almaty screenwriting competition will take place (address: Mercure Almaty City Center Hotel);
– Chaplin Cinemas will open their halls for screening films of the competition and out-of-competition programs of the festival.
In Chaplin Cinemas, young stars will walk the red carpet to mark the opening of the family films programme, organized together with the Walt Disney Company CIS and in partnership with the European Children’s Film Association (ECFA), which ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL joined this year.
– The Palace of the Republic will host the red carpet opening ceremony and the grand closing of ALMATY FILM FESTIVAL–2019.