Within the business platform of the Almaty Film Festival, which will be held from September14 to September 20, 2019, the organizer of the film festival Astana Film Fund is holding a second screenwriting competition “Made In Almaty”, at the end of which the winner will get a producer’s project development.
The finalists of the screenwriting competition “Made In Almaty” will have the opportunity to work on their projects with a group of foreign experts, who will review each project individually and help to prepare the presentation at the highest possible level. These experts will also give master classes that will be open to accredited guests of the film festival.
As a result of the first screenwriting competition within the I Almaty Film Festival, the winner’s project under the working title “Kuandyk” was successfully implemented and will be shown at our film festival.
Basic requirements for participants of the screenwriting competition “Made In Almaty”:
- We shall invite directors, screenwriters and producers who are residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan, with or without experience, to participate in the competition.
- We shall accept the works at the stage of a finished script of a full-length feature film without any restrictions on genre and budget, in Kazakh or Russian languages, with a minimum duration of 80 minutes.
For participation in the competition it is necessary to submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information by August 20, 2019:
- the completed questionnaire (participant questionnaire is in the russian and kazakh languages);
- the synopsis;
- the script.
Please note: application deadline has been extended to 20.08.2019
Participation in the screenwriting competition “Made In Almaty” is free of charge.
The organizing committee of the screenwriting competition “Made In Almaty” pays travel and accommodation expenses for participants from other cities included in the short list of the screenwriting competition, at the rate of 1 (one) person from 1 (one) project.
The shortlist of finalists
- Chingiz Aitinzarov ‘Walking With Eyes Closed’
- Samat Akhmetbekov ‘Girls Looking For Love’
- Emir Baigazin ‘The Coach’
- Natalya Bespechnaya ‘Princess Daria’
- Ainur Mubarova ‘She is a hero’
- Adil Mussatayev ‘Taboo’
- Ayan Naizabekov ‘Song Of Praise’
- Meyirmani Nurlybek, Kunzhana Ormanbetova ‘Paraphrenia’
- Zhandos Smakov ‘Blood And Copper’
- Eldar Shibanov, Yuliya Levitskaya, Dias Shibanov ‘Red Flower’
The expert jury Selection committee The project of the winner of 2018 Foreign experts